Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Come On, Just One More Daily

    So I want to start out by talking about the fact today is Beltane/Walpurgis Night/May Day and various other names that this day has acquired over history.  This day in history was celebrated as somewhat of the beginning of summer and warmer weather in the Northern Hemisphere of the world.  It has become a lot of other things in more recent times, however it's essentially all about growth, seasons changing, flowers and in many cases fire.  Warmth and light returning.  Things coming back to life, or beginning a new life.  Generally it's celebrated with a lot of reckless abandon, fires, May Poles and well things I won't discuss on here as I try to run a "clean game" I'm pretty sure you can roll a perception check to figure out what I'm talking about.  Even if you don't celebrate it as such, for some reason the first of May is just FILLED with some sort of energy, it's as if life has returned and it has realized that the Winter Queen has indeed finally relinquished her crown to her sister (yeah ok, I like fae things deal, I have to prove I'm girly sometimes).  It's really somewhat amazing and I love it!

    I'm pretty sure that between the fact that today is Beltane, all the Charisma rolls I'd saved up and made the last couple of days AND perhaps I someone cast a "Good Luck" spell on me, I didn't roll my spellcraft check this morning to see, that it has all paid off.  My interview this morning went AMAZINGLY WELL!!!! This is a job I would be able to succeed at, the HR lady liked me a LOT AND the employees don't look unhappy and miserable working there.  It'd be a new part of my personal quest like that I believe I would be VERY successful in completing and enjoy doing the daily for said quest each day.  Not just because I HAVE to be there or do it.  It also seems that the reward amount for completing each quest daily is going to be a really good source of gold coming in.  Which is something I haven't had in a WHILE!

    Generally in my experience when the person you're interviewing with informs you that they're double checking your test scores (I had to take some preliminary tests for this position), but she was pretty sure that I scored VERY high.  Then getting back to your "handler"  at the Temp Agency you found the job through today (it's a Temp-to-hire and after 10 weeks if I do well they'll offer to hire me on as a full employee rather then through the temp agency, so I'm not worried).  That she may even be able to have me start as soon as next week, it's a REALLY good sign.  It could very well mean tomorrow I will finally be able to beat this boss and get the achievement of dungeon complete!

    Now I'm sitting here at my desk knowing that soon I will hear the ding and will have the "Achievement Unlocked" Full Time Job! flash on my screen (well I'll imagine it anyway).  Which will come with the title of The Job Seeker!  Filled with the giddiness that I've accomplished something good today on one of my
favorite days of the year!  So with that....





No comments:

Post a Comment