Monday, May 20, 2013

Real Life Level Grinding, About to "Ding!"

    Okay so I apologize for not posting on Friday.  I ended up just putting my nose to the grind and working. Plus they have been liking to give me the bigger more complicated projects the last few days of work.  Perhaps that's because they have been testing me.  As of Friday at 3pm, they actually had me go into training for the next tier of the training.  So I've completed the first tier of the dailies and am now going to be working on the second.  There are only three tiers to get to being fully trained and certified to do what I do.  I'm completely certain that I'll get there and quickly.  In the course of people who've worked for the company there's only been 4 people to make it through all three tiers of the quest to get the achievement, "Fully Trained"  But I plan on being number 5 on that list.  I'm well on my way!

    So I do feel like I'm about to level up in general.  I've been doing the grind and working on things in my life, gold intake and spending, and doing all the dailies / personal story stuff that I needed to do before moving forward.  I'm now in process of fixing a few things AND I feel like I'm in that last bar before I hear the ding, next level!  There's been so many good things going on, and unlocking of achievements in my life lately that it has to be about time.  Between the job bits, and the fact that I'm good at it, and my supervisors have continued to be impressed and tell me so.  Plus I kinda fit in with all of them.  One constantly makes Star Wars or video game references, one has a Wheatley key chain for her key fob to get into the office, one is quiet but when he speaks it's usually encouraging or geeky and the last one is hyper intelligent and likes to be sarcastic and witty.  I get along with them famously!

    There's other parts of my life that seem to be coming into the home stretch for the next level as well.  Thanks to the new job, I'm in process of paying off the CT part of my license issue.  Once that is done I can turn around and save for another car.  Which will be two of my BIGGEST achievements done, that I've been working on.  I'm really excited about it.  I can't wait to have that done and moving forward with all of that.  I have another one that I've been working on for a year, that I WILL talk about eventually, but it's too early as of yet for me to disclose things.  Just know it's more good things and means that I've come a LONG way in the last year.  

    I do feel like I've been at that stage of just too early for one zone but sorta too big for the zone I've been in for a bit now.  So I've been working on all of these things, grinding to get through it all as it were, to complete this level and move forward into the next level and next zone.  For once all this grinding feels like it's finally paying off and just coming together for the next level.  I have plans in place, I have happy things to think about and be on the horizon and life seems to FINALLY be working itself out.  Now I just need to figure out balancing the new job and my writing and I'll be golden!  So now I keep on grinding that last little bit of level to make it to the next step and sneak through the portal to the next one.  Yay!  Wonder what sorts of surprises I'm going to discover there!

    Also I wanted to remind people, that tomorrow night in Northampton, MA, we have our first EVER Pioneer Valley Dishcrawl!  Going to be a blast, good food, good company and fun times walking about Northampton discovering some of the great restaurants they have!  If you haven't you should totally get your tickets today, as I think we have a few left.  I am going to be one of the "guides" to get you from place to place and I'm SO looking forward to the fun!  So please, come on out, enjoy the food, fun and company and who knows maybe you'll find your new favorite restaurant in the process! 

No comments:

Post a Comment