Friday, May 3, 2013

Meanwhile Back in the Real Life Gamingness!

    I know, super late on the post today, I've had a busy busy day.  Was informed this morning at court that I have one more tier in order to gain the Achievement I was looking for, but that is completely ok.  I have two months to spend all the gold I need to spend to get the title "Massachusetts License Holder" which should very do-able.  I was also happy to spend a bit of time around town visiting various establishments to procure items I needed for future quests.  Was a good morning.

    So before I get going today (for my last post until Monday) I wanted to mention something as it is coming up and it will be a fun night filled with good food and perhaps discovering some new great restaurants if you live in the Pioneer Valley.  I know I have mentioned my friend who owns Strange Child Productions, and runs Pioneer Valley Dishcrawl, I wanted to let you know about her next event!  Dishcrawl Event!  or for those on Facebook, (I know a LOT of you have them), May 21st!  I know it's a Tuesday night, I know it's $45 but you know, you get food from not one but FOUR really good restaurants in Northampton, MA.  Plus you know, as of today, it seems as though you could even come hang out with me as I was asked to be one of the tour guides for the event!!  I can tell you it'll be fun, tasty and quite worth it!  *bats eyelashes and gives best kitty or puppy eyes, whichever works better*  I am DEFINITELY looking forward to this event and I hope to see you all there as well!

    Now that I've shown my excitement over all that, lets get back to the real life gamingness!  As you all know yesterday I completed the dungeon at work.  I beat the boss, the adds and made it through the day with victory fanfare in my head.  Was a good day!  NOW I expected there to be a giant final boss battle with lots of bad verbal spell casting and the feelings of one last wipe before I left for the day with my head held high.  However that was not what I received.  I DID receive good luck wishes, people telling me they'd miss me and even the boss seemed to realize that I had finally beat him as he was nice to me and told me I'd do well at the new job.  I was in shock.  For the first time in MONTHS he was pleasant and seemed to relent to the fact that I made far more successes on my dice rolls then he had the entire time I was there.

   After that I KNEW I had won!  I knew he had realized that my real life character sheet has WAY more dots in intelligence then he gave me credit for, I DO have lots of diplomacy and perhaps I was worth more then he had given me credit for.  It was a nice validation for the months of wipes and having to leave the dungeon before beating the battle I'd had.  I left work yesterday with my head held high and a huge smile on my face.  I now have a whole long weekend to relax, have fun and oh...did I mention I'M GOING TO SEE IRON MAN 3 tomorrow AND again on Wednesday?  Because I am!  SUPER EXCITED!!!!  On that note, I wish you all many great adventures this weekend and LOTS of fun.  If you're bored and know me in real life and want to do something between now and Monday night, let me know!  I'm dancing around to LOTS of victory fanfare this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment