Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Bamph...I'll Be Back...

    Isn't it always the case in games where the healer usually forgets to heal themselves?  Yeah, silly me, thanks to the below freezing, the rain and myself being too stubborn to stay inside the WARM buildings I am attempting to stop failing a Constitution check yet again.  So far my regiment of Echinacea, Vitamin C, Zinc, Mucinex and tea with honey have been helping.  Sadly there is no cure potions right now to make this ALL go away.  But at least there's not really been a fever since last night and I'm working on using my first aid / heal skill to get better. Can't use the healing magics on myself as it's not really a wound.  But hey, it is what it is.

   Sadly I did attempt at heading into work today and due to the illness, I am not deciphering and decoding puzzles today.  I even offered to continue my research and work from home.  But was informed to go home, relax, take a down time day and just get well.  Was a nice change from the, get here if you can, who cares if you're sick.  That I am used to from the powers that be in my working.  So here I am, attempting to relax, using my first aid to pass my Con check and get back to completely functioning.  Though compared to how often I used to get debilitatingly ill I'd say I must have raised my Constitution with in the last year or two a bit.

    I completely dislike being ill.  I start to feel down on myself for letting down the people I work with and for.  I start feeling as though I'm infringing on people when I talk to them due to boredom or feeling lonely.  I feel exceptionally lonely and want nothing more then to be with or talk to those I care about.  But at the same time really don't want to be near them for fear of getting them sick as well.  Quite the inner battle goes on when I have actually gotten to the point of bed rest, even for a day.  Might make me seem a bit crazy or it might be something you all deal with as well.  Either way, it's a frustrating thing.  So instead I watch movies, read, sleep and take all the things to get rid of the sickness even faster!  Because I can!

    No one can ever say that I'm not resilient after seeing me sick, hurt or just down.  I come back as quickly as I can.  So this too shall pass.  So hopefully by tomorrow I will be back to my normal happy-go-lucky, mostly healthy self.  For now I head back to my nostalgia watching one of those crazy shows from my youth, "Hercules, the Legendary Journey's"

No comments:

Post a Comment