Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Real Life Enigma Checks

    So now that I'm on my second day here at the "New job of shininess" I have been having all sorts of numbers and facts going through my brain.  Due to the nature of this job I feel like I went from a fantasy style dungeon at the last job to a sci-fi based netrunner position.  Lots of on the web and going on's.  Fun stuff!  I am learning a lot about the encrypted languages of insurance adjusters and agents.  Figuring out what they are trying to say, even when I can't read it due to HORRIBLE hand writing.

    Hacking my way through each day with the codes and numbers I'm entering.  It's definitely been keeping me busy and on my toes!!  Rolling my skills of computer use to make it through my projects.  The co-workers in my department all buzzing away on their own netrunning projects.  Breaking the code that is each adjuster's handwriting or typing as the case may be.  Or sometimes they are even listening in to what the adjusters have said.  Which I'm actually on my way to doing as well.  I'm on my 5th project I need in order to get past to the next level of training.

    Now on one of my 15 minute breaks (I FINALLY get those now!!).  I am standing in one of our conference rooms watching the storm overhead.  It feels like walking from my net runner desk and area to a high palace tower to look out over the area!  Shiny!  Granted it is in the middle of the city here, BUT it's still gorgeous!  I love watching the power and beauty of the storm coming in or floating over head.  Letting us know that nature is INDEED still more powerful then us.  At least until someone with the power over weather is discovered as a super power.  But I don't think we've found that person yet.  *shakes fist at Storm from the X-Men* (yes she is my LEAST favorite female X-Men).

    I'm looking forward to the potential future netrunning, rolling well on my enigmas checks and getting to know my fellow employees here.  Tonight I leave at 4:30 to be collected by my friend who is the afforementioned person who runs Pioneer Valley Dishcrawl (she still has an event coming up, and you all should get tickets and come out because it's going to be tasty, fun and did I mention fun?), and head out for another evening of watching Iron Man 3 and general good geeky company!!  Yay!!  Should be a fantastic night!

    So as I head back to work for my last little bit of time here today.  Let me ask, what places make you feel like you're in a palace? 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment