Monday, May 6, 2013

[ Ctrl L] Next Up in the Real Life Quest Log

    Today is the last day of my mini-vacation in between the dungeon that was my old job and my new personal quest that starts tomorrow.  Let me say how excited I am about this.  I'm looking forward to adding points to my real life character sheet in new skills, meeting new people that I'll be going forward on this quest with and to finally have things start turning around.  Very well could be the start of a great adventure for me.

    Was a relatively busy weekend filled with lots of geekiness and shiny things.  Especially Saturday, we had free comic books and finding a great new comic store down in Enfield, CT (though MY store is still Modern Myths up in Northampton, MA) had fun with friends seeing Iron Man 3 for the first time while in the theater, which I'm seeing it again with other friends on Wednesday and Saturday night heading out to support my brother-in-law and a couple of my friends band, C.A. Jones!  Fun times indeed.  Though by the time I got to the show I felt like I was going to fall over from tiredness.

    Ever have one of those times, when you're out at something you should be having fun and awake enough for and you just can't wake up.  That was me on Saturday night.  I think I really need to start making my spell craft checks, because the way it felt, I swear someone had put a sleep spell on me.  It did not stop me from finding humor in some of the other ladies there.  As the night progressed we ended up with many "hehe girls" showing up.  One group was failing their diplomacy checks with the band, by rolling their eyes and sighing when the band didn't know how to play something.  Another group had three drinks and started being loud obnoxious and failing ALL of their performance checks with both singing and dancing.  Needless to say my sister and I couldn't help but laugh.  Then there was one particular girl who was rolling to seduce EVERY guy there EXCEPT her boyfriend, sadly we watched that blow up in front of us later on in the evening, though somehow she seemed to manage to convince her boyfriend that it didn't mean anything and she completely loved him.  I'm a charismatic, flirtatious, cuddly with my good friends person and even I was blinking at some of the "moves" she was pulling.

    It was amusing to watch the faces of the band members with all these crazy women about.  When the singing began half of them tried not to laugh and the others were doing their best to hide their cringing at the pain that was being inflicted on their ears.  It was almost as if they were being assaulted with a sonic attack of some sort, some had resistances and some didn't.  I was amused.  The ones who failed their diplomacy checks eventually ended up leaving after much eye rolling and attitude towards the band.  Where the seductress just kept up her snares and even tried to play her charms on one of the band members.  I felt bad for her boyfriend watching all of this.  It really just kept making the song "Stupid Girls" by Pink go over and over in my head.  When I mentioned this to the band, they laughed and informed me they didn't have that one in their song lists sadly.  I would have fallen over laughing if they had and had indeed did that one.

    So now I have had a few days off, to get rid of the ick and stressiness after the long hard battle with the dungeon and await the morning so I can wake up, choose my spells and get going on this next endeavor in life.  Because of my hours and the fact I'm not sure I'll be able to update as early as I had been at the dungeon, I'm taking this as the start of my posting in the evenings, as I SHOULD be home before this time every day from now on.  So here we go, time to buckle in and set up for blast off!  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment