Thursday, May 23, 2013

Hmm, Weapon of Choice, I'd Have to Go With, A Spork!


    I have so been there.  Part of the problem with being into video games is that I do have this happen.  One of the big things that usually can draw me to a new game is the graphics.  I know I talk about GW2 a LOT, but well, I play that one most often as of late.  It is also a way to spend down time with some of my crew when we are not out adventuring together.  Good things all around.  Plus, I mean how many things from that game have I used on here?  When I really look at it, there's been quite a few.

    So one of the cool things about that game, is that I don't have to worry about this weapon changing issue.  They have a neat thing where you can just combine the item looks that you like with the stats that you want.  They do a LOT right on that game, but I do believe that is one of the cooler things that I have encountered. 
You get the "stones" that you use to do this from map completion or you can spend gold to get gems and buy them from what is this game's auction house.  It's a really fun thing.  I can honestly say I've had my Princess Wand skin on EVERY weapon I've needed since I got it way back at level 10 or so.  I don't think I'll ever be changing it out.

    Where am I going with this you ask?  Well, it's sad in real life as well, when a favorite item ends up damaged, hurt or lost and the replacement just isn't quite the same.  I especially have thought about this now as I deal with people's losses in their homes, sheds, barns and on their properties.  So it's kinda on my mind as of late.  Sadly we haven't developed the science just yet in real life to switch how these items look or feel to make them like the old one.  I think we better get started on learning how to use the spell Prestidigitaion.  Because at least for a while that might be the only way to do it. 

    To be fair, in the long run, it's only stuff, and shouldn't really be used to define ourselves.  But I know with today's society and the way was work, we definitely DO let our stuff become a part of us.  Some of it being much more important then it aught to be.  I sometimes think about just getting rid of everything and starting over.  But then I think about all of the gold I have spent at the vendors of life on everything and just can't do it.  But hey, at least it's a thought that happens.  Something I challenge each person to do is to think about exactly what you could and would give up, what you don't need to live and what you do.  Feel free to let me know if you'd like.  I'm interested to hear what people have to say about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment