Friday, May 10, 2013

Botching Real Life Dice Rolls, Oops!

    Occasionally I fail my own perception check and forget that those who're not part of my crew, may not always understand the way I show affection to those who I am close to.  When I tell someone I miss them, it's not always because, I'm being obsessive and clingy, or chasing after them.  Generally it's just because I genuinely miss them being part of the antics and quest, whether mini-conversation quests in the bigger quest.  Which happened a lot last night while I was out completing my weekly of "Dance at Riot," or part of the biggest personal quest of "Living Life." 

    One roll of the dice with how affectionate I am with my close friends definitely has lead to times where people thought I was like that with everyone and got TOO touchy feely.  Thinking that they too could be flirty, cuddly, and have me be the same in return.  Or I have had people believe that I am interested in them, and decided to try and take it TOO far.  Becoming one of the creatures that I have mentioned in previous posts.  Getting to the point when I had to use my dps skills or in a few cases pull in one of my tanky friends to get make them BACK OFF!!  They lead me to wonder how low their perception checks truly are.  Because if my honesty skill doesn't damage them enough to go away, and I HAVE to bring in a tank, lets just say those must be some thick skulls.  While great for fights with things that knock you down and make you hit your head, not so good for dealing with people like me. 

    The other dice roll that I have encountered with that, is people have believed that I was VERY interested in them, too attached or chasing them myself.  Which I'm pretty sure, if I were truly interested, they would know it.  I mean I only have a level or two of rogue, so I'm still not the best at hiding some of my feelings, especially for happier things.  I've come a LONG way on that, but then, we all have our Merits and Flaws.  Granted I have MOSTLY tended to be interested in people I'm already friends with in the past, but still, THEY'D have to not pass any checks with perception or alerteness EVER! 

    I am thinking I MAY have had the second dice roll happen recently.  I had messaged a friend to ask why they weren't out at our weekly "Dance at Riot" run, as he'd been showing up quite a bit before that.  He had stuff come up, so wasn't a big deal, and I told him that he was missed.  I added that I at least missed him, he played it cool and let me know he'd be around.  Now I haven't seen or heard from said friend since.  I was a little saddened by this.  It was not meant to be needy or sound like I was making chase of him.  Nor was it meant to sound like I was playing games with him.  I hope I'm completely off base on this, but it was really convenient that it all happened RIGHT after that comment.

    If that is what happened, well I've been giving some time to show, hey, wasn't my intention.  But either way, it's kinda sadness that my friend hasn't been around.  But hey, just have to remember that sometimes the way I am with some people is not how I am with others.  Just see how the dice rolls from now on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment