Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Look, Listen! The Real Life Heroes We Should Remember

    This past weekend Kyranthia was fantastic!  There was fun, there was intrigue for the players and oh my word was there Bards, Barding and Bardic Magic!  Was kinda awesome!  I am so very excited for the future of this game, to be able to watch the development of the players, the plots and see where we go from here!  There's already been a lot of rolling with the punches, feeling out what's coming next and having to plan for the worst case scenario with this game.  Yay for that!

    I seem to have passed my Constitution checks after this one as well.  Either that or I've got a pretty good condition remover going on right now, that prevented the post larp plague.  I've known for years that my low score was definitely Con on my real life character sheet.  I almost always get sick when people around me are.  However I'm pleased to announced that it seems like this time I may have avoided it.  I will be continuing to hope this and knock on wood several times after saying this, however.  It seems to be the case.  

    Last week was quite busy, the one thing I didn't really have to worry about as much was Captain Mosquito.  Though I have managed to aggro some other folks, which I may have bubble to get rid of that aggro soon.  But it was mostly nice and quiet on the unwanted attention front, for the most part I was quite happy with the attention I recieved, especially from a particularly welcome and smile worthy source, but I'll go on about that another day.  Good things indeed!  Seems to be a lot of good things going around lately.  I'm hoping it stays that way and spreads to those who I know have had as tough a time as I have recently.  Again, I'm not saying I don't still have battles to fight and achievements to unlock, because I really really do, just things seem to be going in an ok direction currently.

    So as I didn't get to it yesterday I wanted to talk a bit about what yesterday was as a day.  It was Memorial Day.  Sure it's a day off from work, or a day which a lot will mark as the first big weekend of summer (first one I've had off since I began working).  It's also a day filled with drinking ale, eating food which has been prepared over a fire pit, and generally having some good old fashioned party / down time.  Which is great!  However it is also a day when we celebrate the lives and sacrifices of some of the real life heroes.  People who have served to protect us against the villains and evils that are in the world at large.  These are people who we should be proud of and glad for everything they have given.  They are some of the true heroes in this world

    I believe we should be thinking and thanking those soldiers and heroes every day, however Memorial day is a day where everyone should stop their busy adventuring lives and remember.  We as a whole have benefited from the sacrifice of other's and probably not everyone thinks about it.  We've all been so busy adventuring, dealing with our own down time, and just being too oblivious to realize it.  I know I for one will always think on these people and be grateful for the sacrifices that were made to keep our lives safe and allowing us to continue in our own adventures each day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment