Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Quick I Need ALL the Charisma Buffs!

    Today has been a lot of life's stupid rearing it's head.  I don't know how or why but despite all of it I'm actually hopeful and optimistic.  That's definitely been happening a bit lately.  I mean I know there's underlying stressiness BUT, it hasn't been prevalent enough to actually affect my day for very long.  Between all of this, I think I ultimately am realizing that the end of the badness is truly at hand and I will look back in a year and be able to tell people that the year started rocky, as is the case when there's huge change coming to begin with, and ended decently.

    It looks as though I'm not the only one who is moving on to another adventure here at work.  It is somewhat sad as this was one of my allies here.  But I really can't blame him, just means that he's winning his battle against this dungeon and getting to move on with his personal quest.  Which makes me happy!  Because at least I know he won't be here repeatedly wiping on the boss and his minions for much longer!  Hopefully I'll not be far behind!  Making as many charisma checks as I can to bulk up for tomorrow so I can amaze and enchant my potential new bosses!

    I do think it's a sign about this job however.  This guy was the manager of residential sales and he's been doing this for around two years now.  I hope that it's not a sign of worse things to come, because from my experience it's not really a good thing when management starts to jump ship.  As I have been talking to people here it's becoming apparent, that many people before me have had this exact boss fight before.  Despite all of the badness I've dealt with here I don't wish anyone to be forced to find a new adventure.  I have been there it's not an easy thing at all.

    It also is sounding like this place is more of a speed  bump on the way to better adventures and personal quests.  I just found out today also that a whole new boss fight is about to begin with the whole office.  It seems that all of the minions, except sales and field guys, that have been here for a while will be made part time and have hours cut.  So I have a feeling more will follow in my co-worker and my wake to find a new path once that happens.  I had no idea when I took this job that I'd be beating my head at this dungeon for close to seven months and be flustered and attempting to move on in life for five of those.

    When I do unlock the "Dungeon Complete" achievement for this job I can assure you I'll be ecstatic and seriously looking forward to whatever's next.  I do know that there have been plus' to this dungeon.  It's helped me with writing, as I've gotten a LOT of that done with nothing else to do here.  It's also given me a lot of awesome inspiration for these random babblings about how life relates to gaming, and you all keep reading...bwahabwaha...I mean, I said nothing.  It's also helped me hone some of my less used Rogue abilities.  Which has been interesting and new.  I mean come on, if you can't learn from the bad things how can you appreciate all the good things when the come!  So as of posting tomorrow I'll be able to have a better idea if that achievement will be unlocked or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment