Thursday, May 9, 2013

Real Life Quest Lines, Rolling the Dice to See What's Next!

   So far this week, I have shocked my higher ups in the organization with how quickly I've been able to get everything done for them.  I'm already breaking codes left and right in this new job.  I seem to even have gone above and beyond what I needed to get done with my projects in speed, accuracy and figuring out the information they need.  I do believe that I have rolled well with finding this chance and moving forward on this personal quest here.  Apparently they're not used to people who have the points in Intelligence, Computer Use and Enigma's that I have.  As they've been very surprised.  When I started 2 days ago I was told after I get to 5 projects with 95% accuracy or more I'd be trained for the next tier of my job.  Well I finished that last night.  This morning I was already given two lets call them codes to break, and I did that in an hour.  Oops, I THINK I might be in the right place for right now.

    So that is going well.  Other things in my life, are on hold while I accrue money for one of the achievement's I'm working on.  I am still on the mend as far as my emotions and feelings towards finding a partner to share things with, I might get there sometime in the nearish future, but I'm SO not there yet.  Do I miss having someone there?  Sometimes, but I've honestly been able to do what I need to do without worrying about checking in with someone, or having to make diplomacy checks on something that I "did wrong."  I've been able to pay attention to EVERYTHING that I need to put more dots into, fix in order to complete a personal quest or just in general be alive, and happy by myself.  Because I really don't want to bring the past baggage forward if and when I do decide that I'm ready to move on, on that front.

    Has that made the puppies, mosquitoes, skunks and other "creatures" stop pursuing?  Not so much!  I guess when you, as people like to tell me, have a decent real life character sheet, it happens.  Plus I'm nice, sometimes too much.  So that doesn't help.  There have been a few times recently that I have had to call in some of my friends who're of the tanky variety, which I love!  They're SUPER helpful in those instances and it makes me REALLY glad that they're as protective of me as I am of them.  I mean after all, I'm either heals or dps primarily so sometimes I agro EVERYTHING or EVERYONE too much.  But it is how it works sometimes.  Needless to say it keeps me on my toes and practicing my skills all the time! 

    I can say that my personal adventure has been somewhat crazy at times, but so far it's allowed me to become who I am today.  Which all in all, I don't really see that as a bad thing.  I'm kinda starting to like who I am, what I've become and where things are heading in my life.  Weird huh?  Definitely not the same girl I was even 6 months ago, much less 13+ years ago when I first started to come out of my shell.  I'm now ok with making my mistakes, I'm ok with just living and both finding the path I want and seeing if they fit with where I feel I should be.  Life I'm pretty sure is on it's way to better.  Still trials and things to overcome in front of me, still things that bog me down.  But with some hard work and some allowing myself to breath I think those things will be behind me in no time!  Also, yes, I know I'm annoyingly optimistic, but it's nice to be back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment