Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Whaddaya Say We Try That Again huh? Yes, Yes, Yes, Without the Oops

    Today is the day for Pioneer Valley Dishcrawl!  Looking forward to hopefully seeing some of you fine folks out and about tonight as I help my dear friend guiding those who have come out for the fun to the four restaurants to have some choice food from some of Northampton's best!  It's going to be a lot of fun, if you did get a chance to get tickets and come out for this one, don't worry, there will be more opportunity to do so!  So keep an eye out for future events with this! 

    So with every new adventure there are mistakes.  There are trials, and there are things that make us stumble a bit.  Yesterday I failed another perception check.  Granted, it was my first day with this new type puzzle to work my way through and I was thrown to the wolves as it were to figure out this particular thing, with only the clues that I recieved during training on Friday.  So it was definitely a, "it's dangerous out there, here take this" kind of moment on Friday.  Granted the preception check I failed is definitely not a horrible one as it shows that I am in fact decent at this job.  As it left me doing a lot more work then I was supposed to do and seeing their goal is much lower then what I averaged for it when I did the calculations.

    I was sent a missive telling me which particular book I needed to read, translate and appraise (this is a skill I'm currently putting points into with this adventure in my life).  They informed me it would be the first of the two items in the book.  So I sat down, found the book and started into what I thought was the first puzzle.  Which the two were listed top to bottom.  I set to work, reading, translating, appraising the items.  Decoding and trying to finish the puzzle of wits in record time, with no mistakes.  A flaw could very well be a difference between replacing something cherished or not.  I just couldn't take that risk that I could make someone upset like that.

    Now as I went forward, much over the amount of items that were supposed to make up this puzzle, I realized that I had done so.  When I went back to look at the bottom puzzle I realized that in fact, that was the one I was supposed to be fixing.  I sent a missive to my superiors and started on the one I was supposed to be doing.  By the time my work day was done I was just about finished with it.  Proving that I indeed have the stats to do this job.  However, was an amusing thing that I could definitely finish more then they had assigned me first off.  Which is good seeing I was able to get through my first real big hiccup in this new adventure.  Which of course was on my first day, so, it can only get easier and better from here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment