Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Cracking the Codes, Roll Computers!

    Sorry this is later then normal today, we had a fire alarm this morning for half and hour and threw off my entire day somewhat.  So needless to say it's been a day of playing catch up and getting all my stuff done as quickly as possible.  It seems like they're finally giving me the challanging codes to break.  Because I am actually having to use my brain, memory and roll my ciphers on the codes I'm needing to finish my projects and move forward.  I'm kinda ok with this.  I mean anyone who's known me for longer then perhaps a month or two would know how much I love a challenge.  It's not something I've had for a WHILE and it's great!

    It is really helping me feeling like I'm using the points that my natural character sheet has in intelligence.  I knew they were there, it's just been a while since I've had a job or something I've done every day where I used them.  It's definitely a nice and fun thing.  So often I find myself dumbing down what I'm saying or doing, as I don't like to confuse people.  Lots of things go on in my head that I just don't say because I'm pretty sure that most wouldn't comprehend either how I got to that thought, the thought itself or where I'm going with it.  Plus you know, by the time I say something I'm usually about 3 thoughts ahead of where I was.  So often times, I just stay quiet or dumb it down.  I don't want to force people around me to be constantly making intelligence checks or believing that I'm the crazy that needs to be put away.  Because last I checked, I'm crazy, but not PSYCHO!

    So despite being challenged, I've been facing each one and making my rolls.  Now that I'm in my second week, I've only been informed I did something wrong on 3 of the codes that I've been breaking out of about 20 or more that I've been given.  Not a HORRIBLE ratio, especially seeing I'm still new.  They are pretty sure I'll be ready to move my desk and up in my decoding skills by the end of this week.  It is still reminding me of netrunning in a cyberpunk game, which is great.  As I seem to do EVEN better when I can equate the things I'm doing to something gamer like. 

    I'm happy to report that after a full week and now nearly halfway into my second week, I think this is a good place for me for this oncoming time in my life.  No worries dear readers, it's not going to get in the way of me writing here, nor writing my novels.  Nor for those who I know in real life, is it going to get in the way of me seeing people.  So here goes, the clicking of the netrunning keyboard as I crack each code with even more vigor!

No comments:

Post a Comment