Friday, April 26, 2013

May the Peeps Be With You....

    Today is Peep day!  Yes I do mean the little marshmallow birds, bunnies and other such fun things.  For the past few years my good friend and owner of Strange Child Productions and the person who runs Pioneer Valley Dishcrawl has had a day after Easter where she would get a bunch of Peeps, and bring them to her work and they would have fun with epic battles, designing different scenes and in general just having a day of fun with Peeps.  Now I have been hearing about this for a few years now.  Well tonight in Easthampton, MA she's having and event...The Peepening!!!  I for one am ecstatic, because it means that for the first time I too will be able to help with the battles of epicness that is Peep Day!

    I know to some it may sound silly, but really if you think about it, we all do silly things sometimes with our friends that are exceptionally fun and weird sounding to those who don't do them.  I mean how many times have we all sat there with friends cheering each on or trash talking on a video game, hanging out rolling dice while our little armies of miniatures battle to the death, or even all gather together to go to a specific movie (sometimes in costume even).  To some those things would seem strange of silly as well.

    As a gamer I'm used to the things I do to be somewhat different from society's view of normal, and I'm not just ok with it but proud of the fact I am just that.  Do people think some of the things I do for fun are strange or crazy, sure.  But honestly normal is WAY too boring for my tastes.  I came to grips with the fact that I'm not going to fit into the mode of normal a LONG time ago.  But then I'm the first person to admit I am in fact crazy.  The key is that I've found some folks who's crazy works with mine so being myself is a LOT easier!

    So if you're in the mood this evening for something silly, fun and just a LITTLE bit geeky and find yourself in the Easthampton area, stop on by!!  I can assure you it'll be a blast and seriously, it means you're actually allowed to play with your food for once how often can you really say that!  Plus you know you might find something that you'll be excited for every year!


No comments:

Post a Comment