Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Real Life Stealth vs Perception/Alertness Ready, Roll!

    Seeing there's still a lot of chaos going on in life right now.  Which includes but is not limited to the whole CISPA bill that the House passed.  I am going to say if you haven't please sign the petition and call your senators, I have and honestly every voice helps, because it would be seriously infringing on what little is left of our own privacy here on the interwebs and I know I for one don't want that and I'm sure that MANY of the people who read this blog wouldn't either.  Now that I have gotten on my soap box about that.  There really is a lot going on, so today I'm going to go into yet another amusing story about the evil super elite boss that is the owner of the company I work for.  To attempt at providing an amusing break from the crazy in life right now.

    After yesterday I have come to the conclusion that the boss is trying to all of a sudden use stealthy things to fight me.  On three separate occasions yesterday he attempted a sneak attack on me to see if he could catch me doing something other then waiting for the phone to ring.  As apparently he has decided that nothing more is allowed.  My direct boss, his minion who jumped me last week has informed me now that all I need to do is just get better at hiding it.  Because she does know I get bored, of course this was after she had already come up here and yelled at me about everything.

    So due to having been yelled at about this already, I have been actually using my rolls in perception/alertness whenever anyone comes walking up the hallway.  No way am I going to get in trouble for that.  Also I've been staring at my computer screen on the email sight and customer data entry sight a lot more just to keep myself safe on that.  Now my boss isn't a very quiet guy, nor does he have ANY ranks, dots or levels in stealth.  He also doesn't have any sort of vanish abilities to make him not been seen, heard or anything else.  So between my high dice rolls and his lack of ability.  I caught him actually peeking around the corner to check on me.  I both heard him coming, and saw him peek out of the corner of my eye.  I was left shaking my head and really glad that I am in fact working on the achievement "New Full Time Job"

    Talk about making your employees uncomfortable and paranoid.  It has been stated previously that I have yet to beat this particular dungeon and get past him as a boss.  But it makes me laugh that he keeps trying to switch up his tactics and take me out in other ways.  What did you not get about the fact that I'm an intelligent, stubborn, little Celt?  Just because I'm female doesn't mean I'm a push over, or a lesser person.  I am in fact someone who's been through worse then this and come out the other side, not always unscathed and completely the same, but everything causes growth.  If he wants to fight, he may want to get ready for the fire because I refuse to give in and leave until I have actually gotten my achievement.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment