Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Real Life Jumping Puzzles...of Chaos...

    I have always seen myself as a chaotic good person, liking the bits of chaos that transpire around us and flowing with them as they work around and with me. Right now however there seems to be an abundance of chaos going around in the world.  It has made me very much so wonder if suddenly the dice rolls of life have been taken over by a chaos mage.  I know that chaos always comes before great change, so if that's the case, I'm pretty sure there's going to be a LOT of change coming so be ready.  Hmm wonder if that means we should hold our bags open to catch all the coins...  Ok ok I know groan worthy and filled with pumancy but hey, I'm trying to get some smiles here!

    In the game that I most frequently play, Guild Wars 2, we have jump puzzles.  They are these places that you have to jump from area to area sometimes fighting your way through to get the chest or prize at the end. They are chaotic, silly, hysterical when you fall because ultimately it is due to some silly error or not QUITE making that jump or with one of them that is even in a starting zone, though it really shouldn't be, it seems almost slippery and attempts to dump you off as you have to jump onto things that are somewhat at an angle.

    Last night after all of the chaos of yesterday I signed on with my Elementalist to try and burn some faces off and ignore the world for a while.  After having fun with some of our friends running around killing centaurs, we went on an excursion.  Now I'd been having to back off from doing the jumping puzzles as my mouse hated me and due to it's age and breaking down, it would cause me not to be able to move anywhere.  I finally got a new Roccat Lua a couple of weeks ago and it's been great.  It's simple as I use my keyboard for most of my functions but it's fantastic and if you're looking for a simple 3 button gaming mouse I recommend it!

    So one of the puzzles we did was the Chaos Crystal Cavern, you get up to a hole in the ground pick up some diving goggles and jump out and off into the air, where you land in the water get to land and that's when the true chaos begins.  You jump onto this series of stones that jut out of the water and as you hop from one to the next there's a chance of what looks like a circle of lightning after it clears if you notice something, it has changed the game somehow.  You become itty bitty, HUGE, fast, slow, the camera is SUPER CLOSE and you can barely see or it's far away and it makes the whole room much easier to see.  It is pure chaos, hysterical and so much fun.  Needless to say there was much laughter and falling due to not being able to see where I was going.  The darn chaos just kept making me be as near sighted in the game as I am in real life!

    Today as we go forward on our jumping puzzles in life, the ups and downs that is presented to us in day to day dice rolls.  Remember that we always have to be on the lookout for the chaos that is our lightning strikes.  The things that change the game, make things better or worse and sometimes can be the difference between making that next jump or falling off.  I mean, either way at the end of each puzzle is a chest filled with Elite loots!  So can't be all bad right?  Just remember breath, relax, find things that help you through the chaos and keep hopping forward.  Because the only way to get through it all and get to your chest and get to the changes that follow all the chaos is to push on and go forward to the end.  That is unless you have a Mesmer or Portal Gun...because that is an entirely different story for another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment