Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sneak Attack, "Nothin' beat surprise...'cept rock"

   
    Perhaps I'm the only one, but I'm pretty sure that's not the case.  But sometimes in my life, I find myself feeling as though I have failed a perception check and suddenly something or someone succeeds in using their "sneak attack" on me.  I mean the BIG things, the ones that are worthy of the plus 2D6 like portrayed above.  I know that this past winter for myself and a few people in my adventuring party has had a lot of this.  Things that just suddenly sneak up and cause damage in one way or another.

    Needless to say as much as I've been gaining levels in the rogue class I've definitely been using a lot of my healing as well.  Between friends being broken which I've been rolling a lot of D8's to help with their hurting as well as myself taking the time to move out of combat range and rest so I can be at full capacity to meet each new battle with my normal optimistic, free spirited attitude.  Especially seeing my dodge has not been NEARLY high enough to avoid the bad luck sneak attacks that keep coming.

   I think it's high time I learned this skill and started overcoming and using it preventatively towards the things that would desire to use it on me.  Sneak up on these obstacles before they become just that.  Hitting things head on so I can defend better when they hit me, and when I do still find myself being hit by the extra damage do my best to dodge and heal right away so that we can continue fighting our way through this adventure we call life.  Because come on...what would my rogues do without their little healer.

No comments:

Post a Comment