Thursday, April 25, 2013

Dreams Do Come True...Sure, If They Do, Let Me At 'Em

    Dreams are funny things.  Sometimes they show us what our heart truly desires and sometimes they show us what our deepest fears are.  Then again sometimes they show us just how crazy we really are.  Now I am no stranger to dreams.  I'm not one of those people who is able to forget them upon waking either.  I'm wondering if that's because I have hidden dots in dream or if I have the flaw "Nightmares," perhaps it's someone else who has many dots in Dream causing it.  Either way lately there's been a lot of them.  I mean at least they're not usually the night terrors of my youth, as I learned how to fight back and wake myself up usually before it gets to the point of waking up that way.  Yay for having an extremely active imagination!  Not always a bad thing, but at the time it wasn't so good.  Granted I do believe that it has given me HUGE amounts of creative juice over the years and allows me to have put many things down on paper or through dancing that I may not have been able to without it.

    Last night was particularly weird.  Now like I said it's been AGES since I've had a full out night terror, which this didn't even qualify as such.  However it did qualify as something more then just a bad dream.  I know that fighting something big and evil in your dreams is generally a sign of inner turmoil in your own life, but honestly, this week has not been horrible and has left me in a relatively ok state.  I mean life isn't perfect, but I've been plugging along, fighting the good fight and rolling my dice to make all my checks, and using my points in things to continue my adventure and keep going forward.  So you can imagine my surprise when I had a FULL night of bad dreams and nightmares.  Kinda made me wonder if there were Nightmare Court Sylvari hiding in my room somewhere, but I couldn't find them anywhere and I definitely wasn't running from Freddy, so, who knows.

    So in the first dream that I can remember I was being chased by something bad, like REALLY bad.  I was with my crew, and suddenly we knew something was about to happen.  The sky darkened and suddenly a portal opened from what looked like a very evil place and something came out.  Even though I never fully saw it, I knew it was something that I had to fight to protect people I cared about.  I pushed my friends to run and I began to do things that would prevent it from getting to us.  Finally it gained on us.  So I did what I had to do and started to ready myself to fight it.

    I was able to get my friends out just before it got them, stopping it by somehow producing a ray of some sort of bright energy.  It then pounced on me and I started kicking it.  Apparently I wasn't just kicking in the dream as I woke myself up physically kicking at this creature of badness.  Fighting for the side of good apparently in my dreams and in reality.  So I rolled over and attempted to go back to sleep.  It took a while and a bit of tossing and turning.  Which caused my cat to decide to keep her head against mine and just purr to try and help me relax.  That part was adorable.

    Finally I was able to sleep again.  This one wasn't bad, per say just EXTREMELY weird and some what of a bad dream.  I was at some sort of Convention, though not one I'd ever been to before.  I was even dressed up in a very cool cos-play of Lady Mechanika who is an awesome comic character.  Everything was unfamiliar except some of the people I was there with.  Going to a specific panel, which was dealing with aquatic animals (other then penguins I don't know very much about them), they had a  contest for people who could answer the most trivia about them.  Now my friend, it was a friend who I refer to as my big sister in real life, encouraged me to go up as it was something apparently I knew ALL ABOUT!  I went up and one other girl went up against me.

    Now this was someone who I don't know in my waking but in my dreams, I knew her well and couldn't stand her.  So of course I had to beat her.  Even her costume was something that irked me as all she ever did was try to one up me.  It was a very close call, but I ended up beating her and winning in the end, which is when she decided to attempt to fight me in full girl fashion, going to pull my hair and all.  After a bit of dodging a couple of my friends came to stand by me.  Which was when she pulled a sword from somewhere which she then went after someone who'd come to help me.  I used her distraction to disarm her and hold her hands behind her back until security took her away.  Then I woke up a little disoriented but right about the time I should have as my alarm went off right after.

    All in all a very weird night.  Though it really does prove that I try to be my best even in my subconscious, anyone every questioning whether or not I have a generally good alignment, well my dreams would say differently.  It's not like I'm siding with the bad things and I'm generally going down fighting for people and goodness. Perhaps these dreams should have clued me in to the fact that I am a fighter in a fight of flight situation a little bit earlier.  But never really thought of it like that.  Either way, despite the weirdness and the badness, it hasn't even affected my mood.  As my optimistic, generally happy outlook that has seemed to be returning finally.  Either way, strange night was strange and in many ways amusing.  Darn mages poking at my psyche to see how I'll react.  I swear, if I knew who it was, I'd have to I don't know, do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment