Friday, March 1, 2013

No Crew Like 'Em in the 'Verse

    There's been a lot of chaos in life for a lot of those people I was consider part of my "crew."  It hasn't been the fun mischievous type chaos either, it's been a lot of, life changing/breaking, frustrating, have to work your way out of broken type chaos.  It has left a lot of us unable to avoid the cursing of life for it's inevitable betrayals.  Some of these things have made me want to find out if there were some terrifying space monkeys, maybe got loose and are stirring things up a bit in the engine room of life.  Needless to say it's been a trying few months.

    The thing which impresses me most about these people I call friends is even in the face of all this badness there has been a lot of banding together like family, as a crew or crews to help each other through it all.  Showing that love keeps us afloat and makes my crew family.  When we are broken, we take care of each other, showing compassion, mutual upset, listening, having an evening/weekend full of mischief in one sense or another, getting each other out of the house to stop the dwelling, gaming for fun filled hours, going out to Conventions or sometimes even having a LAN party where we just forget about problems and shoot the gorram tar out of each other for a weekend.

    Despite all the dark times floating out in deep space of life that has been happening lately seeming as though something has been broken and can't be fixed, I can honestly say I am absolutely grateful for my crew, they have helped to create a few moments of things being shiny.  Moments that make me so glad I have them and know them.  Moments which will bring smiles to my face for the rest of my life.

    I have also been realizing exactly who I have as my crew a lot more lately.  Even in gaming I'm a social butterfly, I play MMO's to "hang out" with friends when I play.  I love to interact with other humans, see who they are and get to know them, so in the past I haven't always seen who were real friends, who were using me or who were just there in the good times.  There are still those who I am nice to, and friendly with, but not part of the crew of people who I'd actually go in a space ship on the edges of the universe with.  So I am truly glad to be finding that even with all the crazy there are people sticking by, there are people I would fight tooth and nail to keep, help and cheer up.  People who I truly consider my crew and family.  Makes a girl very happy to see and know these things.

"When you can't run, you crawl.  And when you can't crawl, when you can't do that..." "You find someone to carry you"

No comments:

Post a Comment