Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Using Stealth to Avoid Real Life Boss Aggro

    For a long time I'd considered myself to be the cleric who'd come to befriend and a part of a group or groups of rogues.  I have been the "good girl" who was always there for everyone, helped glue everyone back together, helped people to heal from heart ache and sadness and tried to be the best person/friend I could be.  I tried to be the best version of myself that I could be and it's still in my nature and demeanor to be a caregiver, though I've realized I've had a lot of survivalist in there too.  I've always tried to do the right thing, even if I got to it my own way and not always gone the road most traveled to get there.  Come on I have had to have a little chaos in my life otherwise it would be boring and well, I've ALWAYS been the one to dance to the beat of a different drummer!

    Lately I've been realizing that I've started to multi-class and the years of spending time with my roguish friends have caused me to gain a level or two of rogue.  The charismatic, mischievous side that I've found in myself and allowed to open up has been a fun thing to find and use.  Now don't get me wrong I still use my powers for good and generally do the right thing.  I still try very hard to be the best version of me, however that person has grown, expanded and blossomed as it were.  Lets just say there has been a bit more fun, mischief and a bit less stuck in my own shell.  It has truly allowed me to open up and move forward to being the person who you see now.

    Lets just say two years ago, I NEVER would have been able to create a blog like this, make some of the hard decisions I've had to make or just allow myself to be as free and happy as I have been recently.  Despite some of the hardships that have come about.  Though to be fair, I think those hard moments in life have helped me open up and realize I needed to grow.  It's so much fun to get that feeling that you've gained a level and in my case are well on your way to your life prestige class.  But that's perhaps a tale for another day and time and besides the point I was trying to make today.  So onto the real topic of roguishness!

    So with my new found rogue levels I have been using some of the skills which are learned through that class.  I've even realized, silly as it is a think to notice, that I'm not so bad at sneaking up quietly on people and hiding in shadows.  However the one I'm attempting to use lately is my hide in plain sight, not an easy task for me as I tend to want to use the back bone I now have which has returned along with my new multi-classing.  Dealing with a boss who will find just about anything and everything to yell at someone for, I decided that today I was going to see if I could pass my stealth checks on this.  As coming in he was yelling at someone in his office and I could hear him from my desk up front.  Mind you he was yelling at someone on the phone, as I have yet to physically see him, I'm hoping it stays that way.  So far I have passed my stealth rolls and the attempt has worked.  I'm thinking I might just make it through the day, not incurring aggro from the boss!

    We shall see how the day pans out, but I'm fairly confident in passing my skill checks as it seems I have a special modifier or feat to use my Charisma (which people seem to think I have in spades) to pass my Stealth checks instead of my Dexterity.  So for the moment I'm hopeful that the day will continue as it has and I'll be able to use my Hide in Plain Site more often to avoid a giant boss fight that might result in having to find a new place of employment!

No comments:

Post a Comment