Sunday, March 3, 2013

Real Life Solo Questing

    Sometimes I have days when I really can't part take in the group quests of life.  Just need a day where I'm in hiding away from everyone and every thing due to the main story line being too much, too big or just too frustrating.  It's not that I don't have options to do things, because I don't often have a weekend when there's nothing going on completely.  But I just choose to run off on my own and finish some of my crafting, watch some cut scenes (i.e. movies) or loose myself in some other story line which I don't have to take part in.

    This weekend has been one of those.  The main story line I've been dealing with lately has a lot of twists and turns and a lot of complicated and frustrating goals to complete it.  Some of which have been seeming somewhat improbable to actually getting to the point of turning in and moving on.  I'm generally a very optimistic person and am pretty good at getting through things, keeping my head afloat and using my resilience  which is one of my highest ability scores in life.  However it's good to recharge and rest sometimes.

    By no means am I wallowing in a mire which I can't get out of.  Just needed recharge, regenerate and rest so that I can come back to the quests both group and personal renewed and ready to face them.  These things have a way of working themselves out.  So that's what I'm going with.

    On a lighter note, I do keep hoping and wishing to hear the sounds of the TARDIS, showing up outside my door.  Because I'd be SO ok with going away for a while with a Madman in a Box.  I do know that there's a couple of people I would have to bring with me on that quest if it were to happen and I think I would gladly do just that.  But for now I recharge, allow my hope and resilience to come forth and relax for a day here and there.

    "Hope is one of those ridiculously disproportional words that by all rights should be a lot longer."  - Harry Dresden in Turn Coat by Jim Butcher

No comments:

Post a Comment