Thursday, March 28, 2013

Get Ready for the Real Life Plot Twist

    Some days I really do feel like fate likes to pick on me.  After my day of finding an NPC to be a traitor yesterday and being in general in a fairly down type mood this morning today I've had a bit of a twist in this game that is my life so to speak.  It's a bit amusing how that can happen, one moment the heroine (in this case being me) is down and feeling somewhat defeated after beating my head against this one particular boss, puzzle or quest a whole lot of times and then suddenly there is a shift in what is going on and it all makes sense and it's time to actually finish the quest and move forward.  

    In this case I seem to have had a major debuff on me lately that had made me invisible to job opportunities.  Unless they were outside sales for insurance companies or alarm companies and let me tell you how much that is not an adventure I want to embark on currently!  So apparently this morning either the debuff wore off or I finally rolled the appropriate saving throw to get rid of it because I received not one but two calls from job potentials, who wanted to set up interviews with me either this week or next week.  So now I have two interviews next week with things that may be the start of my next adventure!  Shiny!

    One of these jobs may very well be the deus ex machina that I've been waiting for!  It was definitely a boost to my confidence that was desperately needed!  I'm hopeful and looking forward to my victory fanfare and the start of my next adventure.  I am generally a relatively hopeful and optimistic person, however this would open up a whole new personal story line for me to follow and happily bounce around as my little Cleric/Roguish self.  It very well may not happen and honestly, I'm not stopping my quest for the new job in the meantime, however, I felt like quoting my little Elementalist from Guild Wars 2.   When one of her abilities ends up healing her (she has one ability which I love where a Phoenix flys away and hits everything in it's path, causing damage and causing the bad guys to be on fire, and when it comes back it heals her), she sighs and says, "That was refreshing."  Makes me smile every time, and is seriously how I feel after those phone calls today!

    I'm just going to sit here with my hope that I will no longer be in a job where I will have to keep rolling my stealth checks, and when I fail them have to have big boss fights.  Because that might just help the beat of a different drummer which I dance to in life could become a little happier in it's beat.  I know I for one would be extremely grateful for any good things coming my way.  So here's to hope!  

No comments:

Post a Comment