Thursday, February 28, 2013

/ Dance

    As much as I'm all about the geeky things, I also love to dance.  We have a weekly night here that allows me to go out and dance with my friends to punk, metal, goth, industrial, ebm and all the other breeds of music which I love.  Due to the nature of the crew in this area it is often a night where us geeks/freaks/metal heads and punk rock kids all get together have fun, have good discussions (yes often about geeky things)  and dance.  It's a great time and I look forward to it every week!

   Today as I'm quite distracted from anything productive, work is dead and therefor somewhat boring (as you can tell by the MUCH earlier then usual post), the sun has been peeking at me and taunting me, through the windows here, to go out and play with my boff weapons or spend some time in the woods, and I've already written about three pages in my novel which has brought me to an impasse between my creative brain and my thinking brain today it seems.  I am to the point that I just can't sit still as I don't want to be here and I'm awaiting my night out!  As you can see I can't even concentrate on other things to talk about on here, so tonight and dancing it is!

    In people's lives there always is something that brings us a release from the stressful mundanity that we deal with.  Some people escape reality to do it, using video games, larping, reading, watching movies, things like that.  Some people use physical activities such as, dancing, exercising, running, working out a the gym, hiking, things like that.  Then there are some who take a little bit from column A a little bit from column 8 and mix it together to find some sort of peace and serenity.  In my life my biggest one is dancing.  It is the one thing that no matter what stress I've been dealing with, I shut off as much thinking as possible, listen to the music and just let myself go.  When I'm done it leaves me feeling sore, tired, overly warm and "glowing" ("girls don't sweat they glow").  It makes me feel at peace, having found my serenity and my place of happiness inside myself, releasing the things that have made me so upset, stressed out or just in a state that isn't a good one.

    I guess what I'm saying is that one of my hopes for everyone is that they can find that space, that thing that lets them relax, release and just move forward in their days, because I seriously believe that the world would probably be a better place if that were to happen.  It would leave us all finding a little piece of serenity in our fast paced, laced with stressful factors lives.  Because this world has too much stress and it's up to us to get ourselves through each piece of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment