Monday, March 4, 2013

Seven Foot Tall Gnomes!!!! EEP!!!!

    Last night we had a great session of the Pathfinder game that I'm in, ridiculous amounts of praise goes out to Paizo Publishing for making an AMAZING game!  It takes a lot of the excellent things from D&D and makes them even better!  If you've not checked it out previously, I highly recommend you do.  Pathfinder RPG to make it all the easier for you to see about this.  I promise you won't be disappointed 

    Well this particular game that I'm in has a lot of fun.  I think it helps that we all know each other so well.  We are continuously making silly references, joking about how this relates to this other thing one or another in real life or a movie quote.  Things like that.  We've had a lot of crazy run ins with overwhelming odds and over come them.  Like finding an ancient evil temple under what the people of the town called a "lighthouse." And passing through a room which held an evil altar, finding ourselves confronted with a small demon, now we're a bunch of adventurers, you might say, we can probably take a small demon, you might say.  Well...the fact we were all only second level and this fight lasted A LONG time in real life, LOTS of dice rolling and not hitting or hitting and not doing a lot of damage.  It was a tough fight.  We prevailed, but it took a while.

    It somewhat reminds me that when you come up against things that just feel like you're not making head way, just keep at it.  Keep rolling your dice, keep attacking the bad thing and eventually it will fall.  Especially if you have some amazing people in your adventuring group to help you along the way.  I mean come on, who wouldn't want to hang out with a Half Orc Monk, a Crazy Half Elf Pirate, a half angel seeming   Inquisitor and a Riding Dog named Munch?  So much fun!

I leave you with this conversation quote from last night,
"I have to get to seventh level, I get fly."
"What did you say?"
"I said at seventh level I get fly"
"I thought you said at seventh level you get high."
"Nope, I get fly"
"I was going to ask what kind of elf are you?"
"I think that would be the Sylvan Elves, not me."
"Wouldn't it be the dwarves that get stoned?"

/laughter

No comments:

Post a Comment