Wednesday, March 27, 2013

NPC Traitors in our Midst, Waiting on that Victory Fanfare

    There's definitely some super secret squirrel quests going on at my work lately.  I've come to the realization that perhaps I am here only until they decide that I'm not needed any longer.  Which is completely ok as this is my starter quest towards whatever is going to come up next.  Overhearing people who turn out to be working for both sides is fun.  Traitors in our midst and all that.  I am pretty sure that they haven't fired me yet because I am still useful and no one else wants to do my job.  I feel like I just found out the NPC who'd been helping me through my personal quest just revealed she was a traitor and working for the bad guys all along.

    The big reveal came today when she was up here watching the phones so I could do something in the back and one of the other girls that work here came in, I heard her whispering to the one who'd just come in, "See, this is why I haven't fired her, because I hate being up at the front."  The other woman started laughing and told her that made her giggle.  Pretty sure I wasn't supposed to hear, and really I'm surprised I passed my listen check as I'm slightly hard of hearing so that's not usually a thing that happens.  But the one time I did, they say that ignorance is bliss, well in this case, with this job, it truly is.

    I know honestly as a person, they like me, as we always have pleasant conversations and agree about a lot of things.  I think perhaps I'm just a bit too different and weird for the spot, as you all know I'm not really all that normal in societies terms for it.  Though honestly, I see normal as a setting on a dryer and that's about it.  Or maybe I have too much spunk and life for this job.  Seeing pretty much everyone else here are kinda Eeyore like and stuck in their ways and I have never intended to stay here permanently.

    This job feels somewhat like it's one of the old platform video games.  You know, like Mario, Sonic, Metroid, you  know the ones.  Where you have to fight your way through the game, climbing up the ladders, jumping over obstacles and bad guys.  Right now I'm in a boss fight after fighting my way past a bunch of the little guys to get here.  I know that the victory and end of the game is coming, if I can just figure out how to beat the final boss.  I don't even have my god mode cheat code to fall back on anymore just have to keep hitting the boss and attempting to defeat him.  Once I am through this fight, I'll be able to jump to the flag and go into the castle victory fanfare going in the background.  I look forward to this day, because it means that I can move forward and into the next level or game and see where in the world I end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment