Monday, March 25, 2013

With Great Power Comes, Real Life Super Powers

    Firstly I want to say thank you to everyone who's actually been reading this as of today I've officially been attempting at my word-smithing on here for a full month!  So thank you so much!!  Makes me happy to know that my words are being enjoyed and read.  The added fact that people I know in real life have actually brought things up in person to me about stuff I've written, just fills me with a sense of joy and pride that I don't know if I can explain fully.  It's happy shiny cap'n!  So thank you again!  Lets see if we can turn this month into 6, a year and further!

    Now that that's been said, onto the word-smithing!  Along the same vein as people who have more points in different attributes and stats, I've known for a while that some people just have special things that they're good at, things that perhaps aren't always part of the normal array of life.  I saw a VERY good example of someone's real life super powers this past weekend.

    Now my brother-in-law is in this band.  They do a lot of rock, pop and all sorts of other covers.  They're pretty good and seeing I'm also friends with two of the other members from other places, I try to go out and be supportive and such.  Plus usually it's a fun night out with my sister as she often will go to the shows and if I'm not there will end up sitting alone waiting for the band, which I always feel bad about that, but it can't always be helped.  Well Friday I was actually free and decided to go to the show.  It was at a venue with a whole lot of frat guys and college kids, most of whom were there for the Top 40 dance night after the show.

    So we sat at a table in the front of the bar.  In completely plain sight of the bar and the waitstaff there.  My sister informed me that she was invisible so hopefully she wouldn't have to go up and order/get the menus.  She also informed me that perhaps it would be different as she has even noticed some of the attention I get despite me usually being oblivious to it, which is generally the case with me, my friends have spent MANY Con's, Ren Faire trips, just trips out in general watching and laughing at it and telling me later.  Needless to say, after a half an hour and no one had come over to us, I was astounded.  I'm especially not used to this at a food/bar establishment.  One of the band members went to go get us menus and send someone over to us.

    We ordered food and when it was brought out by the cook, he fell over in apologizing to ME, about not paying attention earlier and talked only to me until our friend in the band informed he should ALSO be informing my sister about this as well.  He glanced at her and nodded, sorta including her in the conversation.  He walked away and I nearly fell over laughing.  She TRULY is invisible in public, it's SO weird!  Natural cloak of invisibility go!  Was so funny!

    I don't usually get to be invisible when I go places so as the evening progressed, I was actually enjoying my evening of being covered in her invisibility field, until she walked away again later on.  As SOON as she walked away it was as if I'd been noticed for the first time, as some guy came up to me and tried to get me to go to another venue to see his other friend's band.  I was polite and told him that we were here with the band that was currently playing, he proceeded to tell me how cute I looked sitting where I was and hit on me.  I did my best to be nice but politely shut him down.  He walked away as my sister came back and I was covered in her cloak of invisibility again.

    This proceeded to happen throughout the night with various other people, as soon as she walked away it was as if the flies had smelled something that had been covered previously.  By the end of the night I was really tempted to start talking about gaming, Star Wars or something else that would probably have caused them to roll there eyes and walk away.  I was amazed and now fully believe this is one of my sister's true super powers.  I mean I've been passing my hide in plain sight checks, but this was....seriously all natural and just happened.  I am still somewhat laughing about it today.  So now I know if I ever want to hide when I'm in public, take my sister with me.

    I know that a lot of my friends and people I am close to have some sort of "super power."  But this was just a full out show of one in front of my face and amusement to boot!  Seriously, I want to start saying, don't mess with me, I'll get my sister the super hero now....they don't have to know that it just means we'll both disappear and walk away, you know growing up she and I always were night and day...this makes WAY too much sense that she's invisible.  It makes me think of what super powers I would want if I were to have an actual super power.  Did I mention I'm a super hero fan girl?  Yep, I SO am!  I mean come on, I dress up as Poison Ivy, it's kinda a given!

No comments:

Post a Comment