Tuesday, June 11, 2013

We Have All Pressed the Real Life Start Button.

    Again, sorry about the lack of posting, it's been crazy pants in my life lately.  Last week was insanely busy, and this week might just be shaping up to be the same.  I do actually have a topic today for you guys that I've not talked about before.  So that'll be fun!  Lately I've been thinking a lot about life things.  Thinking about what adventures got me through all the levels and quests that I have been through to get me where I am now, far from max level, but I'm starting to get to some of the better quests now and more or less done with most of my grinding.  That is until the next expansion of life and I have to level even more.  Now I've always been a big believer in the fact that we turn out the way we do both due to our environments, which is how we've been raised as well as our base genetic codes.  Some of us may have had the genetics to be thinkers, dreamers, athletes or even folks who sit at home and don't want to do anything.  Our brains / bodies are fun things.

    For me I know that a lot of my geekiness comes from my parents.  I was less then 1 years old when they decided to bring me on my first adventures to see the original "Star Trek" movie and 1 years old when I was taken to see "The Empire Strikes Back."  The first books read to me which started when I was 2 or so were The Chronicles of Narnia, The Hobbit and when I was about 7 or 8 The Lord of the Rings.  We've always had fantasy novels in the house and when we were young we ended up getting an Atari 7800, that was the one BEFORE, the 2600 which was the one where Atari systems became better known.  Then we got a Tandy RL 1000 and I was hooked on computer games.  Which is still part of my hard wiring to this day.  We didn't have a lot but what we did have was all to help further our abilities as geeky types.

    I mean as kids due to the fact that I was the darker haired pale one and my sister had the blonde hair, blue eyes and willowy look, my sister and I were even nick-named Arwyn and Galadriel.  How's that for allowing the geekiness reign.  I grew up on ST:TNG, Doctor Who, Star Wars, Battlestar and of course some of the old school stuff like Lost in Space, Buck Rogers and Dark Shadows.  From the time I was 10 years old or so my favorite movie was the Princess Bride, and from the first time I saw the 1985 version of Dune, I adored it.

    Granted I didn't start larping or tabletop RPG's until I was a tiny bit older.  But I was a geeky gamer girl from just about day one.  I really truly believe that for that I have my family to thank.  So here's to them, while we may not always get along, our adventures may take us in other directions sometimes and occasionally there are issues.  They are still my family and I am grateful for their help in  making me who I am today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment