Thursday, January 23, 2014

I'm Not Quite Dead Yet....Wait...Am I Getting Better? *SMACK* Nope...

    Lets just say that this past week has been a doozy. This little Oracle is wiped. There have been wheel troubles with my questing partner, long days at the Tower and an illness that kept me away from my missions at the Tower for 3 days. I am very glad that I can put most of it in the past at this point. Because I like having less stress and not being horrifically ill.

   The issues with the wheel, well, lets just say it was stressy and all caused because of huge holes in the road going from home to a new dinning establishment which has many old school arcade games. A place my partner and I have been looking forward to going together for a long time. As it has just opened and looks like a super fun place. Also have to congratulate them on opening and getting everything done now. If you are in the area you should definitely check it out so that we can make sure to keep it in business! Because this is something which is very cool and fun! Congratulations to The Quarters on finally opening and making a place that we've all been longing to go.

    Well the road decided to flatten the tire, so we put on the spare and went home. Quite in a sad mood. This tire issue proceeded for the weekend. As we dealt with the antics of trying to get it to a tire place in town, which was not opened, they should seriously update their web site, especially when people are attempting to get tires in the snow. Sunday was fun as we got up early to get it to the one place that was opened, to find the spare's rim had cracked. We waited for quite some time for a tow truck and finally got to the place, only to learn they didn't have the tires that were needed. It was a hassle and we were extremely happy to have it all fixed and taken care of finally, on Tuesday.

    Meanwhile, I woke up on Monday feeling a sickness start to creep into my lungs, throat, nose and body with feverish intent. I was attacked by the plague demon which had previous attacked my sister, my father, the Tower and it seemed my partner (for a day, he had a cough and a sniffle, he doesn't get sick, I keep wondering if he has a cure wand he's hidden somewhere that I should find). I sent out all the missives to the appropriate people at the Tower. Which they were glad I was staying away so that I did not by mistake spread the plague to others. The sickness proceeded to wrack my personage with fevers, delusional actions, coughing and not being able to breath for three days. My first day back to the Tower this week was today, and even now, I'm still coughing and having trouble breathing / thinking.

    It did make me feel good coming back to The Wizards Tower today, within my first 2 hours of work they did ask me to stay an hour late today and possibly stay later tomorrow as well. They have a lot of work to be done and they do like me. Everyone was concerned that I was out for 3 days and was asking how I was today. So it was truly a nice feeling that they do actually want me here, especially after the last couple of weeks dealing with the Powers on High wanting ALL OF THE GOLD and who cares about anything or anyone else!

    I know for a fact that my sickness has effected me emotionally. Now normally when it comes to someone who is new at one of the hobbies which I have been known to partake in for years I am good at helping them learn, relaxing and teaching them and in general trying to do everything in my power to make sure that person enjoys that hobby. Well today when I offered to help with something like that, I was greeted with an attitude and a reaction from said newer person of, well I think it's supposed to be done this way and you are wrong. My immediate reaction was one of defensiveness and wanting to fire back with a verbal spell that would make this other person feel the sting they had just pushed onto me with their own words / make them shut up and listen. Now normally I do not get quite so defensive nor reactive towards other people. Especially when they're new at something, don't know me well and were trying to push something they don't know about as I have been in charge of it at this particular hobby for a while now. It made me stop and realize what I was about to do and think about why. It also made me think of how much our physical health can effect us emotionally. Man do I not want to think who I may have "attacked" if I hadn't realized what I was doing and why. So glad I stopped myself. This person definitely didn't deserve to have a spell like that hitting them.

    So as you can see it's been a whirlwind of a week. I'm hoping for some calm downtime in the upcoming weekend. Also some time of getting completely better. Especially seeing I get to go watch some guys on ice hitting a little rubber thing with some sticks on Saturday with some great friends I don't get to see often enough. Rest, friends, and fun. Sounds exactly what the Oracle ordered....

   

No comments:

Post a Comment