Thursday, January 9, 2014

Real Life Explosive Runes...The Burning!

    After all the snow and time off from lack of work here at the Wizard's Tower last week. This week has come back with a vengeance. I think one of the hierarchy here at the Tower decided to prepare and cast explosive runes this week. There's been a few things biting and somewhat burning from on high. It has seemed to be at LEAST one thing per day so far. So needless to say it's been a bit of a tough week. Plus it is the first full week I've had at work since before the holidays so it's been long, tough and left me wanting to just be done.I am anxiously awaiting this weekend and the rest / fun it will bring. Because the week itself...I'm pretty much over it.

    Despite the stress of things here at the Tower this week, I can honestly say I still enjoy the job, I still like my fellow Sorcerer's, Wizards, Scribes and Oracles that I work with. I also know that I am one of the people they actually want to keep here, so if I actually were to become unhappy here at the Tower and told someone I was, they would do what they could to fix it. Just having a week of not being to pleased with the people who run the show. Just means that I'm going to keep my head down, and attempt to not let it get to me despite the week trying to explode at me all at once. It is proving to me as much as I like my work, am getting a decent amount of gold for what I'm doing and am actually good at this job it really is time to start buckling down and putting my stories onto the written word again. As I do know that's what I really want to be and should be doing.

    I must say again, I am overwhelmingly happy to have my questing partner in my life. He is so supportive and is always willing to listen to my venting if I need it. My biggest hope is that he knows that I would and will do the same for him whenever he needs it. I am so glad that we do indeed match and balance in many ways. His entrance into my life has truly been one of the best things that has ever happened to me. So being able to share my life with him in my daily adventures truly does help me calm down even in a week filled with explosive runes and the attempts at casting Crushing Despair (yes I know I'm being dramatic, but part of all of this is the fact I'm a gamer and it's the only spell that really came close to what I was trying to say, so deal!). 

    Also looking very forward to spending time this weekend with my Questing Partner's family as well as some of my Crew / chosen family. I am sure it will make up for this week with much relaxing and fun. Plus it means being able to spend time with some of the people I care about most. Shiny! So all in all, still trying to keep my head up, still keeping positive and hopeful. Just having a week filled with Will saves and Fort saves to not get hit in the blasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment