Wednesday, January 15, 2014

I Cast Fowl Play..."I feel like chicken tonight!"

    Thank you stress and frustration from the last couple of weeks. This little Oracle is finding herself fighting yet another battle. Like many adventurers when bombarded with things after a while I get worn down as well. Which sometimes can turn into me fighting off some serious depression / Charisma stealing monsters. Monsters that replace confidence and happiness with doubt, fear and general downness. I am working very hard to not let them get me, as I do know I have a lot going for me in this adventure I call my life. I think it's time to be pulling out some "Fowl Play" and turn them into 1/1 chickens.

    The powers on high here at The Tower have not gotten any easier to work for or with. My direct supervisory people have been doing everything they can to soften the blows we've been receiving. As they still care about their little Wizards, Sorcerers, and Oracles. It seems like every day something new has been popping up to create a better gold intake for this place and in many ways lessens the feel of a busy humming family. But I suppose that is business, and I am happy to have a job and still like the people I directly work with, including my direct higher ups, as my supervisors are both very amazing and great.

    There has been stress outside of work too, lots of stress in the downtime. Lots of little things going wrong to tumble into big things. Nothing to do with the people I've surrounded myself with. Just stupid menial things which add up to help in the wearing me out. Things along the lines of my familiar Willow acting out, my computer deciding it is time to start dying, having my communication devise start to get older, having cold type symptoms for almost a month, having slightly off or bad dreams. Things along those lines which are adding up.

    I have been feeling very spoiled spending so much time lately with my adventuring partner and with some of my crew. My life would just not be as full without them. The love and support I get from my adventuring partner amazes me every day. I know I would survive without him, I spent a good long while making sure of that, but it would not be nearly as happy or complete. Starting this adventure with him has truly been one of the best things that has ever happened to me. As I know he reads this, thank you for being in my adventure story! You have made my life better and happier just being in it. You're amazing and wonderful! :)

    The time with my crew has also been fantastic.  There has been many fun times, small side adventures and much trouble making. Which when you've had whole weeks filled with stress it's great to have some time to unwind with people you enjoy / care about. It's been nice to laugh and just let myself be well...the little anecdotal, Oracle that you have all come to know from this blathering.

    As you can see, I have been trying very hard to keep my thoughts on the things that make me happy rather then the things that are bringing me to fight these monsters again. It's just been wearing on the senses and mind. So I have been having to fight so often I don't feel like I am getting too much rest. I do have great hope for the rest of the year. I just have to get through the funk of the start. Lots gold making changes at the Tower and trying to beat down the minor monsters that are wearing me out. I just hope that I don't run into a boss fight before I am fully healed and my spells are restored. Because then, I MIGHT have an issue.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment