Thursday, March 6, 2014

So...That Talent Tree Thing...Or Maybe A Prestige Class Is Needed...

     All is not calming down at the Tower with other things however. They are playing the lets change the rules on our adventurers game again. They have taken my job which was sometimes challenging, fun and used a lot of different skills and made it so that a person with an intelligence score of 8 could do it. It was flustering to have to go against everything I had been taught and to essentially have to stop using my brain in order to now to work here at the Tower. It made me a bit sad. It has truly made me wonder how long I actually want to keep cracking codes and finding items for people. It has definitely been making me anxious to leave each day and basically effected my whole desire to be here each day.

    I has not changed the work ethic which was taught to me between years of watching my father at work and just my general desire to help when I'm good at something. However it has made me start to really think about what I want to be doing to earn my gold in the future. Ultimately I know what I want to do, but when a lot of the life around you is preventing the creativity and inspiration needed for that particular path, it's not a path you can follow at that point.

    Don't get me wrong, I do see the good things in my life. I have never made as much gold as I am making now before, I am finally getting to the point of fixing the badness of things in my past and being able to live again. I have the most amazing questing partner I could ever have wanted and didn't know I needed. Which he is probably one of the best "surprise this is happening now" situations that has ever happened in my life, now that it's almost a year later. I have some of the most wonderful people in my life that constantly make me happy just to know them. I have a roof over my head, food to keep me from being hungry, and really I'm not as sickly as I could be. Sometimes it is just hard to keep up with all the banality and mundanity that fills this world on a daily basis and it brings even the most optimistic little Oracle down.

    I swear I will survive and conquer this stupidness that is here. It just might be a bit more ugh and fighting noises before the victory song.

No comments:

Post a Comment