Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Attempting not to Wipe on Real Life Boss Fights

    I am often glad that I am a writer and enjoy video gaming, as it gives me the opportunity to kill things without being a violent person.  Which in real life, not so violent.  Sure I teach people to shoot bows and arrows, and I am creating a world which has an entire Rogue/Assassin's guild but I really wouldn't hurt someone unless it was in self defense or they were hurting someone else I was near, especially if that person was a friend.  But days like today, when I get so close to actual anger it makes me glad I have such outlets for this frustration.

    Ever have one of those boss fights in a game, whether it be a table top game, a video game or something entirely different that you just can't seem to win, no matter what you try or do?  That's how it feels with the owner of the company I work for.  He will daily yell at me and most of the time it's for things that someone else there did or things I wasn't in the office to be at fault for.  He will also try to imply that I am unintelligent or treat me like I'm twelve.  Luckily he hasn't come right out and said I'm an idiot, however the level of yelling and telling me I "have to be sharp as soon as you come in.  Have to keep on the ball and be smart."  doesn't instill much in me but frustration and annoyance.

    Today he called me to the office, and proceeded to yell at me to the point that the entire rest of the office heard it.  Now the way this compares to that unbeatable boss, I attempt to stand up for myself, or say my peace and he will make it worse.  He holds grudges, thinks he is above and better then everyone else there and refuses to let us fight for ourselves.  He will just yell louder until our rage bars are full or until we are running from his casting of fear on us.

    My only consolation is that after hearing him yelling, the rest of my co-workers did come, as you do in a party, and make sure that I was at "full health," and not emotionally distraught.  The way that he sounded they were worried he had actually fired me.  They spent the next twenty minutes attempting to calm me down and tell me how much he does that to them.  I'm apparently part of the "club" now.  Not a club I really want to belong to as the way he treats us all is wrong and unethical, but I don't have much more I can do about it.  As it is I'm already working on my novels and looking for new work.  So until I can find something else, I am there.

   Today was particularly awful, one of my biggest pet peeves is to have someone tell me I am unintelligent another is to tell me I'm completely wrong.  He not only yelled at me regarding an email which I had wanted to check with my direct supervisor to make sure I should send it to him first as otherwise I might have gotten yelled at for bugging him with it, and that took an hour and a half to get to but in turn decided to bring up the fact that I am human and therefor make mistakes.  He informed me that my mistakes had to stop or else, I passed my will save from the fear that he was casting.  Trying to inform him that I have been double checking every number that I pass to him and having EVERY person calling in spelling their name for me so I could have it correct for him.  Needless to say he yelled at me to get out and that it has to stop or else, yet again.

   So the best way that I can handle this boss fight is to prove him wrong at every turn.  Show him that I am better then what he thinks I am.  Give him no excuse to yell and get the frack out of there as soon as I can, I would love to leave him in the lurch for my position, but I refuse to do that to everyone else who works there as they're good people and don't deserve that.  Hurray for job hunting!  Stupid boss wipes...ah well at least I'm not wiping on trash pulls....just on the boss.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like he's projecting. You're pulling aggro because you're to squishy. People like that will only go after what they perceive as easy prey. Too bad you couldn't fear him with something like the threat of a harassment suit. No one, even if things are or aren't their fault, deserves to be badgered. Especially you.

    ReplyDelete