Thursday, July 25, 2013

Shocking the World with Real Life Strength

    I am just going to have to deal with the fact that my job has been taking me from this lately.  I know it's sad and some of my readers have wished I'd be able to keep up daily as I used to, but that just isn't something that can happen right now.  I have been getting much work from the Tower of Transcriptions, i.e. my higher ups, to keep me much more occupied then ever expected.  I am enjoying the work and it's been keeping me busy while there, so I can't really complain.  I do miss writing the amusement in gamer terms daily that this gave, but honestly, this job brings in the gold so that I can get to the end of some of my Achievements I've been working on.  I'll get back to it daily perhaps, but for now, just posting when I can to let you all know that I'm still here, still gaming, still being my normal geeky self.  Just dealing with a lot of the real life stuff as well.

    I know I've talked about dreams before.  But this is a little different spin on them.  While en-route back from my job which uses my intelligence score all day long, I ended up falling asleep.  While I quickly started dreaming.  Now I don't know where it came from, though it could have been inspired by the massive amounts of storms we've had recently, or thinking about a particular Pathfinder character I haven't played in a while.  Suddenly I was a white haired, mage, who harnessed the power of lightning specifically.  I was part of a team of "superheroes" who all had very different powers then the normal team you see in the comic books or cartoons.  It was all people who are part of my own adventuring party, who I normal would spend time with anyway.  Just a hugely different skill set for all of us.

    I feel like perhaps it was somewhat my self conscious' way of telling me it's still there and kicking.  Also telling me it misses being let out.  I have been trying to take a day a week to write, a day a week to do this and a day a week to in general veg out.  Just so I can keep myself up on things that I SHOULD be doing.  Gotta keep up with the things that make me, me.  I also have been having a lot of happiness in other parts of my real life.  Some of which have included gaming with my life questing partner, sometimes for an entire night, hanging out with some new adventuring folks and trying to work on fixing my biggest achievements.  Life has certainly taking different turns then I ever expected.  But again, the way that things have gone I am happy.

    So here we go, time to fly back to the world of shocking the supervisors with my good work.  Tune in next time to hear more of this little gamer ladies anecdotes and fun quirks about gaming.  Sadly it'll be much like Fox and Firefly, no idea what day or time.  But I'll be back.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment